Is there any work for me tomorrow?
Keep us updated with your availability and we will actively find you suitable work.

Can I still work with you if I have points on my licence?
Common points like those for speeding or traffic light offences (SP## or TS##) are acceptable. Most companies will accept drivers with up to 6 points on their licence. Anything above this or serious offences like drink driving or careless driving (DR10 or CD10) will be reviewed on a case by case basis. The companies we work with are often restricted by their insurance policies.

Do all companies require you to do assessments before you can drive for them?
No. Each company has their own specific requirements or criteria to allow you to drive for them.

Do I have to be available all week for work?
You have complete control over the days you choose to work with us. However, if for example, you choose to do 3 days’ work with us and 4 days’ work elsewhere we will need to be informed so that we can ensure you are adhering to tachograph law and working time regulations.

I only passed my LGV test last week; can I still work with an agency?
If you are a newly qualified Class 1 or Class 2 driver we have several contracts that are happy to take you on to gain experience. You will most likely have to pass an in house assessment which we guide you through. For any drivers who feel they need further assistance we have a dedicated driver training team who will go out with you the first time and are available for advice.

Do I need transport to get to work?
Yes. Some of the companies we work with are in remote locations or the start times may fall outside the times of public transport.

What equipment do I need to drive for an agency?
All drivers are expected to turn up for their shifts with safety boots, hi-visibility waistcoat or jacket and all driver cards. We provide all drivers with a Driver Require hi-visibility vest when they come into register.

Do you work with Limited Companies?
Yes. All limited companies must provide us with a copy of their Limited Company Registration Certificate, VAT certificate (if applicable), business or personal bank account details, details of their accountant on official headed paper and a PAYE reference number.

What documents do I need to bring with me to my registration?
UK or EU passport or birth certificate, national identity card, residence permit, visa or proof of right to reside and work in the UK

National insurance number on a HM Revenue and Customs official document (a payslip will not be accepted)

Proof of address e.g.. utility bill, bank statement or credit card statement (not a mobile telephone bill)

Driving licence card

Digital Tachograph card and CPC card (for LGV drivers only)

How am I paid?
As an agency driver you will be paid as a normal PAYE employee, which will be done through a payroll umbrella scheme (Shield Contract Services). When you register with us you have an option to sign up to Shield or you have the choice to go with another payroll company of your choosing. Limited Company drivers will be expected to submit an invoice weekly with their timesheet so we can pay you.

What are the driving regulations and tachograph laws?
(Link through to the Rules on driver’s hours & tachographs for goods vehicles in GB & Europe document)

What are the laws on working time regulations?
(Link through RTWTR info document)

What vehicles can I drive on a cat C1 (7.5T) licence?
Drivers who passed their driving test before 1st January 1997 may have an automatic entitlement to drive a 7.5t vehicle. However ‘The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)’ was introduced in 2009 and drivers with this entitlement are not allowed to drive commercially unless they have a valid CPC and digital tachograph card.

What vehicles can I drive on a cat B (car) licence?
Drivers with a standard cat B (car) licence are entitled to drive cars and vans up to 3.5 tonnes. However we would be unable to offer you any work unless you have relevant commercial delivery experience.

Where do I send my timesheet?
All timesheets must be sent to by 9am every Monday morning

Is there anyone I can contact out of hours if I am unable to work my shift or have a problem?
All the local office numbers, which can be found on the contact us page, are diverted through to our 24-hour on -call service outside of office hours. In any event you must ALWAYS get confirmation that we have received your message. Just leaving a voice message or sending a Text is not sufficient since we may not pick these up until it is too late.